Past project galleries are an excellent way to engage website visitors and get them interested in taking the next step with your company. These project galleries look similar to the one below and can be displayed in multiple places across your website.
Through the LISA platform, it's easy for you and your team members to add past projects. Follow the instructions below.
Who Can Upload a Past Project?
Because this feature is accessible from the frontend of your website, anyone with the URL can access the page and complete the form. No LISA login is required, so it's easy for anyone to do, anywhere. We recommend having your installers do this before they leave every job site!
1. Go to the "Add a Past Project" Page
To access this page, first navigate to your website in any internet browser. Then in the address bar of your browser, copy and paste this path to the end of your website's URL:
This will bring you to a page similar to the one shown below.
Already logged into the LISA admin? Then you can also find a quick link to this page under Past Projects > Add a Project.
2. Complete the Form
Fill out the form shown above with the required information:
- Project Type: Select the relevant project type from the dropdown menu.
- Sold by Rep: Select the relevant rep from the dropdown menu. ("Representatives" are an assigned role in the LISA admin, and this list displays users with this role. Learn more about LISA roles here.)
- Project Date: Enter the date of completion.
- Contact Information: In the next fields, enter the customer's full name, email address, phone number, and full address.
In addition to these required fields, we strongly recommend completing the two optional fields at the bottom of the form (shown below).
- Photo: Upload photos to showcase your work. The higher-quality the images, the stronger your project gallery will be in terms of engaging website visitors and building trust.
- Review: There's no better time to get a glowing review than when you've just walked the homeowners through the job and they're ecstatic about the results. Your installers or field reps can hand their mobile device to the customer to add their review right there on the spot.
If you're unable to add a review at this time, then you can always request a review by SMS later.
3. Finish the Upload
Once you've completed the form, click the "Post Job" button.
This will send the project to your LISA admin, where you'll have full control over reviewing it, editing it, and ultimately archiving or publishing it. Learn more about these actions here. (Links coming soon!)